From gadgets and lifestyle products to clothes and groceries, online shopping enables customers to purchase whatever they want, whenever they need it, with just a swipe of their finger – hopping from device to device and channel to channel. Omnichannel is the ultimate in customer autonomy, giving e-consumers total control over the online shopping experience based on their needs, preferences and schedule.
At Global Sources, we have compiled these five practical tips to run an effective omnichannel e-commerce strategy that ensures your customers have a seamless and positive experience at every step of their buying journey.
- Understand your customer’s needs. Knowing your customers well is the foundation of an omnichannel marketing strategy. Pay close attention to how they interact with your brand, how they make purchasing decisions, and what channels they use to connect with you.
- Segment your audience based on criteria such as demographics, buying patterns, preferences, and other traits. Grouping them will help you to tailor the journey and communication for your customers.
- Personalize ads and messages for every channel you target to drive traffic. Spend time to craft personalized SMS, e-mails and push notifications.
- Keep your brand voice consistent across all channels to maintain brand recognition.
- Make each channel and touchpoint shoppable. Customers should be able to access and purchase wherever they interact with your brand.
Check out Global Sources for the latest market insights, industry trends and smart sourcing tips.