Here are 14 hacks from some of the experts who spoke at Global Sources Summit in the past. Topics ranged from sourcing secrets, advanced marketing strategies to a roadmap of what’s to come for Amazon sellers. If you missed the whole summit and want a recap, buy the videos now at https://vimeo.com/ondemand/globalsourcessummit7. You can’t afford to miss anymore tactics that could take your business to the next level. Attend Global Sources Summit October 2019 to sky rocket your sales.
- General liability will help pay for lawyer fees, court cost, and damages when you are sued for property damage, bodily injuries, advertising injuries, reputation damages, copyright infringement but you need a product liability for defects or bad designs in your product.
- There are no niches on Amazon Japan, Amazon Japan is the niche. You need to have more general products unlike in Amazon US.
- Product inserts are the number 1 opportunity to engage with your customer. Make sure you show your appreciation to the customer and give them a way to contact you if they face any issues or have any concerns.
- Your brand is going to be really important because consumers trust Amazon less and don’t like the idea of an “Amazon seller”. Invest more in becoming a business that customers care about and want to support.
- The more diverse the ways we connect with another person, the deeper the relationship and faster it grows. Look to connect on multiple levels about different things instead of just one.
- Before landing on a product to sell on Amazon, always ask yourself “why would someone buy from me?”. If you’re not able to answer specifically why someone would choose you over the hundreds of other sellers with the same product, you need to find something else.
- Never tell a supplier you’re sourcing for the first time even if you are, they will immediately have more leverage in negotiations to come if they know. Make sure they take you seriously.
- Regardless of where you’re sourcing from, ask for variations to a product, mix and match designs, you might work yourself out a cheaper deal based on specs.
- Even if your product isn’t made of sustainable materials, you can make an effort across any product category by using recycled, biodegradable or even home compostable packaging.
- Get prices in both USD & RMB. Suppliers may increase prices and use inflation as a reason. By asking for pricing in both currencies, you limit how much the price goes up by.
- Once you have 21 reviews, start pushing PPCs hard because you now have enough reviews to back your campaign so it doesn’t go wasted.
- Don’t just go after traffic, in fact, you might already have all the traffic you need, you need to shift that focus from getting traffic to getting conversions.
- The challenge with both success and failure is figuring out how to respond optimally so that you don’t neglect exploring new possibilities in the long run
- You can increase your conversions by 38% if you add human faces in your pictures. These don’t have to be in the first image but can be used in lifestyle images that come later.
Want to get quality in-depth information that’s relevant for your business today? Come to Global Sources Summit October 2019 and learn from top experts from around the world. Register before September 15 and grab the US$100 Early Bird Discount.
What is Global Sources Summit
Global Sources Summit is a 3-day conference for online and Amazon sellers sourcing private label products from China. The conference will be held 27-29 October 2019 in Hong Kong.
The Summit is co-located with Global Sources Fashion and Lifestyle trade show so you can also meet thousands of China suppliers at the same time.
Use the code SS100 for an additional US$100 off