- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:25
Most models deliver 1 to 3W and can work not just with mobile phones but with other devices as well.
- Audio output: Most models support 1 to 3W. Many suppliers add bass enhancement or noise suppression or echo cancellation technology to boost audio performance. The bulk of products use 28, 36 or 40mm driver with paper or compound cones. Some have a 50 or 52mm driver for greater power output. The drivers are sourced locally.
- Wired or wireless: The latter type is leading supply in China, with Bluetooth the dominant cable-free technology adopted. The majority of units are based on Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, although many new speakers use the 3.0 or 4.0 standard for faster transmission.
- Device compatibility: Universal models top production. These work not only with mobile phones but also with laptops and other devices.
- Added value: Some speakers support handsfree mode and can control volume, play and pause via a remote control. Many releases can play back music from a TransFlash, SD or microSD card. Several combine an LED flash- or night light.
- Design: Pocket-sized units are popular. Many companies use slim drivers. To match different mobile phone designs, releases come in a variety of colors. Some have a soft silicone cover or metallic decorations.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Pocket-sized Bluetooth units lead mobile phone speakers sector" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.