- Published on Tuesday, 12 November 2013 14:22
Makers boost value further by adding Wi-Fi and GPS. Designs mix fashion and sports elements.
- Features & functions: Mainstream products are quadband models supporting 850, 900, 1,800 and 1,900MHz. They adopt a single-core processor and 1.3 to 1.5in resistive touchscreens. High-end units feature W-CDMA and run on Android 4.0 OS and dual-core Cortex-A9 processors. They have bigger touchscreens.
- Adding value: Besides MP3/MP4 playback, SMS, e-book reader, FM radio and 1.3 to 2MP camera, watch phones from China integrate Bluetooth and weather forecast. Upscale releases can have Wi-Fi and GPS on request. Some companies incorporate altimeter, barometer and step calculator.
- Design trends: Most suppliers are mixing fashion or sporty elements in their latest creations to cater to both women and men users. Leather straps and water-resistant features are popular.
- Rising supply: Spurred by the release of the Samsung Galaxy Gear and other wearable devices, more makers in China, including mobile phone and watch manufacturers, are gearing up to join the race. They expect output to start climbing in the months ahead as orders grow.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Quadband W-CDMA units lead China's supply of watch phones" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.