- Published on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 17:51
Most headsets are wired, but more Bluetooth, DECT and RF wireless types can be expected in coming months.
- Wired vs wireless: Systems comprising a phone base or dial box and a headset are mainstream. Most headsets are wired, but more companies are developing wireless variants based on Bluetooth, DECT or RF. These models usually provide 10 to 30m indoor range. Some cable-free headsets can connect to both landline and mobile phones at the same time, allowing users to answer simultaneous calls. Wireless headsets, however, cost eight to ten times more, an issue that delays adoption.
- Design upgrades: Many call center phones adopt rotating microphone tubes for wearing on either ear. The housing is compact for ease of setup on workstations. Makers emphasize plug-and-play and power-free units.
- Features & functions: The bulk of products from China work with famous PBX brands such as Alcatel, Avaya, Ericsson, Nortel, Philips and Siemens. Manual or automatic call pickup, music on hold, mute, pause, flash, redial and incoming call indication are standard.
- Add-ons: The latest models adopt noise-canceling microphones for better audio and support 3 to 5m handsfree speakerphone. Buyers can expect more units with LCDs for showing caller ID, and incoming and outgoing call data.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Call center phones with wireless headsets next big trend" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.