- Published on Friday, 30 August 2013 14:57
More models support 2,000mAh or greater capacity and up to 500 charge/discharge cycles.
- Growing supply: Increasing demand for large-capacity batteries for smartphones is boosting production of Li-polymer batteries in China. The line now represents 20 to 30 percent of many makers’ total mobile phone battery output.
- Greater battery capacity, longer life span: Suppliers are raising the capacity from the mainstream 1,000 to 1,500mAh to 2,000mAh or higher while keeping the battery size. Many are adopting soft packs. Companies are also extending the charge/discharge cycle from 300 to 500 or more.
- Safety features: Dual IC protection is becoming mainstream. For the protection circuitry, makers are pursuing small and slim designs that are cost-efficient. Price is still a major concern, with Li-polymer batteries being 5 to 10 percent more expensive than Li-ion alternatives of the same size.
- Battery cells: Suppliers use mostly grade A types sourced locally. There are about 200 makers of Li-polymer battery cells in China.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Li-polymer mobile phone battery makers extend battery capacity, life span" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.