- Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:04
NFC phones from China are suitable for staff time card, traffic and card payment, e-wallet and information sharing among different enabled devices.
- Minority line but growing: NFC phones are currently the turf of global leaders such as Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia and Sony because of the technology involved. Few China makers can develop the product, and many of those that do prefer to handle OEM projects for cost considerations. The category accounts for only 3 to 5 percent of the country’s total mobile phone output. This share, however, is expected to climb in coming years as NFC applications widen.
- Enhancing product performance: Suppliers use chipsets or modules from agents of famous NFC providers, including NXP, STMicroelectronics, Broadcom and Infineon, to ensure quality. They are increasing the screen size for better viewing. Most releases have 5.3in displays capable of qHD 960x540 pixels.
- Broader use: Products from China are suitable for staff time card, traffic and card payment, e-wallet and information sharing among different NFC devices. Makers are looking to enable mobile Internet of Things and security applications in upcoming models.
- Adding value: Companies are also boosting device competitiveness via 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and G-sensor capability. Suppliers use aluminum alloy or stainless steel as housing for upscale versions. ABS and PC are the popular casing options for low-end and midrange phones.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Small NFC phones sector projected to expand" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.