- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 17:04
Makers are expanding the input, output and capacity range of their chargers so these can work with more electronic products.
- Universal, travel chargers mainstay: Universal and travel types will remain popular. Units with rechargeable lithium battery will rise in supply.
- Broader device compatibility: Most chargers can power more than two kinds of mobile phones and other devices, including MP4 players, digital cameras and tablet PCs.
- Wider input, output & capacity range: Makers are broadening the values supported to enable chargers to work with more electronic devices. The input voltage can be 110V to 240VAC, or 2 or 5VDC, while output current can range from 300 to 2100mA. Products with rechargeable lithium battery have a capacity of 2,000 to 10,000mAh, sometimes reaching 20,000mAh. Li- and -polymer batteries are commonly used in such models, and these may come from local, Japan or South Korea suppliers.
- Improved safety: The majority of releases have overvoltage and -current, and short-circuit protection. More products also have internal protection circuitry against overcharge, -discharge and -load.
- Add-ons: Besides USB, Mini-USB, Micro-USB, DC and iPhone output ports, some models combine solar power, torch and LED light functions.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Latest mobile phone chargers support multiple devices" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.