- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:55
Companies boost product value and compatibility to match various applications.
- Stepping up to 4G: Makers of 3G routers in China are introducing HSPA models to ride the 4G trend. Such variants deliver a download speed of 7.2Mbps, faster than W-CDMA. The latest releases also feature a higher data rate at 300Mbps, although the mainstream is still 150Mbps. Some versions adopt MIMO technology for wider coverage and enhanced throughput.
- M2M application targeted: Manufacturers are turning out products that suit machine-to-machine or M2M applications as these types offer better flexibility than wired models. Some enterprises provide total solutions for ATMs or POS machines.
- Improving compatibility & features: External units are growing in popularity, with most capable of supporting various standards such as EVDO, W-CDMA and TD-SCDMA. To boost product value, suppliers integrate power bank, wireless router and card reader functions. Several varieties allow media playback.
- Sales forecast: The migration from 2G will keep the category buoyant. Most companies anticipate a 20 to 30 percent jump in revenue in the months ahead. Several project a 50 percent increase. More manufacturers are likewise entering the line amid strong demand.
- Price outlook: Many enterprises plan to keep quotes stable to boost competitiveness. Some, meanwhile, will lower rates of upscale units by 5 percent to grab more orders.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "HSPA, M2M capability enrich 3G router selection" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.