- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:53
Manufacturers are raising product value to bolster the mature category.
- Broader application base: To shore up margins squeezed by low demand for fixed-line phones, suppliers in China are breaching the call center market. Models targeted at this segment feature noise-canceling microphone and headset. They have music on hold, one-button redial or callback, and recording function.
- Boosting product value: Manufacturers are releasing caller ID phones with extended memory for incoming and outgoing call numbers. The latest units support one-touch memory, auto-answer and programmed emergency dial. More models likewise integrate anti-EMI and lightning protection features. Several have a rechargeable battery for backup power supply.
- Larger screens: Makers are incorporating bigger LCDs to show talk time, clock and calendar. Some varieties have two screens and adjustable brightness levels.
- Price & sales outlook: Enterprises project quotes will remain stable in coming months given the maturity of the line. They will consider the yuan’s appreciation when implementing adjustments. Shrinking demand for fixed telephones will result in a 10 to 20 percent drop in revenue this year.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Caller ID phone suppliers target call center sector" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.