- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:51
R&D efforts are also geared toward better flexibility for diverse viewing options.
- Secure mounting, ease of use: The latest models are designed to keep the GPS in place but come with quick-release buttons to allow the user to disengage the device with minimal effort. Suction cups are the mainstream mounting type. A knob lock may be added on the base to hold heavier gadgets.
- Enhanced flexibility & compatibility: To accommodate various viewing angles, makers are adopting nut or ball head designs for the neck. These configurations enable 180 to 360-degree rotation, while the knob lock supports 90 to 210-degree tilt. Adjustable and spring-loaded arms are likewise incorporated to suit other portable electronic devices such as mobile phones and PDAs.
- Price outlook: Suppliers are keeping quotes steady amid stable raw material costs. Any upward adjustments will depend on the yuan’s appreciation.
- Sales projection: Companies forecast a 10 percent increase in revenue in the months ahead. The upturn is sparked by strong sales of universal mounts. Demand for GPS-only mounts and holders, meanwhile, will decrease. Many enterprises still regard the US and the EU as key markets, although they remain cautious about the economic situation in the latter.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Makers underscore quick-release GPS mounts/holders" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.