- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 11:50
Makers are releasing high-performance units compatible with various devices.
- Larger capacity: Manufacturers of power banks in China are raising capacity to meet the power requirements of smartphones and tablet PCs. Most units feature 8,000 to 10,000mAh, or even higher depending on buyers’ specification.
- Compatibility with more devices: Suppliers offer models with different power output levels to cater to various electronic products such as digital cameras, video game consoles and GPS.
- Compact power banks: Makers are turning out slimmer units to ride the portability trend. To this end, many adopt Li-polymer batteries instead of Li-ion variants as the first delivers better adaptability in various packaging types. Some companies have introduced models with 10mm or below thickness. Several releases are designed to serve as a stand during charging.
- Export & price outlook: Strong sales of high-power consuming devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs will buoy overseas business this year. Most enterprises anticipate a 10 to 30 percent jump in shipment volume. Companies expect quotes to remain at current levels in the next three months. A number of suppliers plan to implement 3 to 5 percent markdowns to stay competitive.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Bigger capacity, slimmer units key trends in power banks" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.