- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:01
Makers are improving aesthetic qualities and integrating more features to enhance selections.
- Multifunctionality: China manufacturers are releasing models that can serve various functions to match client requirements and broaden reach. More variants come with ballpoint, gel or fountain pens. Suppliers also bundle a laser pointer or stylus pen that can work with resistive touchscreens.
- Improved performance: To ensure high performance, manufacturers adopt IR and ultrasonic technology. Products are likewise designed to transmit data to smartphones via Bluetooth.
- Varied materials: Upscale models employ copper or stainless steel, with a plated or polished surface finish. Single-function types usually have a more compact housing style. Formal business pen types are increasingly becoming popular, especially in the high end.
- Sales forecast: The majority of makers expect thinner margins amid financial uncertainties in traditional markets such as the EU and the US. To boost revenue, several will explore other destinations, including South America and Asia.
Model: Avantree STLS-04-BLK
Description: With ballpoint pen; changeable ballpen core; black, white, silver, wine red
Leso International Ltd
Description: Copper; spray-painted surface finish; 13x134mm; 43g; black, white, red, silver
Newell Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: Soft rubber tip; aluminum; 115x12mm; various colors available
Shenzhen Acme Pen Co. Ltd
Description: Multifunction pen; brass barrel with clear acrylic; 140x10mm
Shenzhen DragonPro Network Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Copper bumper; 9x52mm; pink, blue, silver, black
Yifang Digital Technology Co. Ltd
Description: PC, ABS, metal; can store up to 100 A4 notes in JPEG format with internal memory; 0.2mm accuracy
Note: This article "Multifunction touch pens for iPhone lead supply" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.