- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:07
Manufacturers are improving performance and operating life to meet the power requirements of the latest smartphones.
- Large capacity: China suppliers are expanding battery capacity to meet the power requirements of the iPhone and other smartphones, with most units delivering 1,200 to 2,000mAh. To this end, suppliers adopt low-press injection technology to improve structural design without compromising the capacity.
- Safety enhancements: Manufacturers integrate double IC protection to prevent potential hazards as a result of overcharging and -heating, and short circuit. Some employ special explosion-resistant cables.
- Li-ion: Many enterprises prefer Li-ion kinds to Li-polymer variants given the latter’s high defect rate and steep production cost.
- Price forecast: Most makers hope to keep quotes stable. Markups will depend on raw material costs and the yuan-dollar exchange rate
- Sales outlook: Despite the financial slump in the EU, many makers project a 10 to 20 percent increase in sales in 1Q12 owed to a booming smartphone sector. Orders from emerging markets such as South America and the Middle East are also expected to raise revenue.
Guangdong Pisen Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: Li-ion; 1,050mAh capacity; 3.7V; 4.2±0.05V charging voltage
Scud Battery Co. Ltd
Description: Li-ion; for BlackBerry M-S1; grade A battery cell; double IC protection; CE, FCC, RoHS
Shenzhen BAK Technology Co. Ltd
Model: Mot V3
Description: Li-ion; for Motorola RAZR V3; grade A battery cell; 650mAh capacity; 3.7V; double IC protection
Shenzhen Shirui Battery Co. Ltd
Description: Li-ion; 1,000mAh capacity; 3.7V; double IC, overcharge, -discharge, short-circuit protection; 61.9x38x4.6mm
Shenzhen Wanshuntong Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Li-ion; 1,500mAh capacity; 3.7V; overcharge, short-circuit protection
Shenzhen Wextom Electronic Co. Ltd
Model: Anti-Explosion Battery Series
Description: Li-ion; 3.7V standard voltage; overcurrent, short-circuit protection; CE, RoHS
Note: This article "Larger capacity, enhanced safety of mobile phone batteries stressed" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.