- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:18
In addition to mobile phones, the latest releases cater to various portable electronic devices.
- Enhanced compatibility: China suppliers are providing universal chargers to meet diverse requirements. Sockets based on EU, US, AU and UK standards are often bundled. USB charger adapters that support Micro-USB and Mini-USB, and connectors for the iPhone are also offered.
- Dual ports: Manufacturers are releasing units with dual USB ports that enable simultaneous charging of two devices. Mainstream USB cell phone chargers have 1A output for iPhone or smartphone charging and 2.1A for iPad and tablet PCs. Some models have built-in lithium batteries for added charging option.
- Export projection: Most makers anticipate revenue to remain unchanged in 1Q12 despite a 5 to 15 percent drop in sales in Europe. To boost margins further, some enterprises are exporting USB cell phone chargers for car use or exploring emerging markets such as South America.
- Price outlook: Quotes are projected to stay at current levels in 1Q12, thanks to stable raw material costs.
Guangzhou Wonplug Electrical Co. Ltd
Description: 250V rated voltage; 3A rated current; 5V 1A output; UK, US, EU, AU plugs; ABS housing
Jiale Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: 12 to 24V input; 5V 700 to 1,000mA output; for mobile phones, PDAs, cameras, MP3/MP4 players
Shenzhen Cono Technology Co. Ltd
Description: 100 to 240VAC 50/60Hz input; 5 to 5.5VDC output; 100 to 1,000mA output current; CE, RoHS
Shenzhen Jingrichang Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
Description: 100 to 240V input; 5V output; 500mA output current; EU plug
Shenzhen QYG Industrial Co. Ltd
Description: 100 to 240VAC 50/60Hz input; 5VDC 1A output; Li-polymer battery; 3.7V 3,000mAh capacity
Shenzhen Winkeen Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 110 to 240V input; 5V 2.1A output; interchangeable plugs; for various mobile phones, iPhone, iPad; CE, RoHS
Note: This article "Makers boost compatibility, performance of USB cell phone chargers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.