- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 16:27
Suppliers are improving features and overall performance amid a rapidly expanding line.
- DVB-T secures dominance: Driven by strong demand, particularly in Europe, China makers focus on digital TV mobile phones that adopt DVB-T. Some suppliers, however, offer models based on ISDB-T to take advantage of the standard’s increasing popularity in emerging markets such as Brazil.
- Smartphone functionality: A growing number of companies are gearing R&D efforts toward models with smartphone capability. Several have accepted orders for units supporting Android OS and DVB-T. Mass production of such variants, however, has yet to take off given the higher manufacture outlay. The digital TV chipset alone adds $20 to $30 to the total cost.
- Bigger screens: The latest releases pack 3.2, 3.5 or 4in displays and deliver HVGA, WQVGA or WVGA resolution. Upscale models have resistive touchscreens, while some integrate capacitive types on request.
- Sales & price outlook: Many suppliers foresee stable export sales in 1H12, while some anticipate a 10 percent increase. Quotes, meanwhile, are expected to stay unchanged or drop by 5 percent in 1Q12.
Cefon Mobile HK Ltd (E-Techco Group)
Model: DVB-T Digital TV Mobile
Description: DVB-T; dual-SIM, -standby; MediaTek MT6225 chipset
Easy Time Technologies Ltd
Description: DVB-T; GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz, W-CDMA 900, 2,100MHz; 3.8in capacitive touchscreen TFT
Kaka Technology Co. Ltd
Description: DVB-T; dual-SIM; FM radio, camera, Bluetooth; MP3, MPEG-4
KVD International Group Ltd
Description: ISDB-T; MediaTek MT6235 chipset; quadband GSM 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz; 2.4in QVGA LCD<
Shenzhen Guangyuan Telecom Technology Co. Ltd
Description: DVB-T, ISDB-T; quadband GSM 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz; dual-SIM, -standby; 3.2in QVGA; Wi-Fi
Shenzhen Kingleader Digital Technology Co. Ltd
Description: DVB-T; quadband GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz; dual-SIM, -standby; 3.2in touchscreen
Note: This article "DVB-T models maintain market lead in digital TV mobile phones" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.