- Published on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:37
The latest releases likewise underscore multifunctionality and compatibility with other electronic devices.
- Flexibility underscored: Makers are using adjustable goosenecks and arms to match the user’s height and angle preferences. Many models come with a 90 or 360-degree rotatable pad and swivel head for better viewing, and locks to secure the handset. To ride the “green” trend, suppliers employ eco-friendly raw materials and ensure products comply with CE and RoHS guidelines.
- Universal mounts on the rise: More China suppliers are releasing car mounts that can support not only iPhones but also other handset types. Such items likewise work with GPS devices, PDAs and MP4 players.
- Adding value: Manufacturers roll out units that enable multiple functions. The latest models typically support in-car charging via a cigarette lighter socket. Some integrate a USB port and memory card slot. For enhanced portability, most variants come with a belt clip or desktop stand.
- Sales outlook: Enterprises predict a 10 to 30 percent increase in revenue on the back of strong iPhone and smartphone demand, and a robust car navigation system market. The US and the EU will remain key destinations.
- Price forecast: Companies expect quotes to stay stable in the months ahead.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Line highlights flexible, portable designs of car mounts for iPhone" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.