- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 14:16
Companies are adopting larger steel and aluminum tube frames and breathable fabric. Models come in diverse designs and prints.
- Sturdier products: Product durability defines R&D work in this line. For the frame, makers use steel and aluminum tubes with a bigger diameter of 22mm to raise the capacity from 100 to 135kg. Many adopt Teslin instead of oxford, canvas and polyester because of the material’s improved stability and breathability. Reinforced spring ribbons are added to both sides of the chair to enhance strength. Products also undergo PVC or PE treatments for water resistance.
- User comfort: Companies add sponge and polyester cotton padding and mesh fabric to the back and seat for extra cushion and cooling effect, respectively. Chairs have arm- and headrests. Models that come in sets bundled with 190, 210 or 420d polyester carrying bags or cases. New individual pieces can measure 30x30x25cm and weigh only 300g for increased portability.
- Novelty designs: Besides common colors such as blue, green, red, yellow and black, companies offer products in striped, camouflaged, forest or floral prints. To enhance visual appeal further, chairs take after butterfly and moon shapes.
- Value add-ons: Cup, bottle, wine and mobile phone holders, and hand straps are increasingly becoming common in camping furniture. Some releases have a zipper or hook-and-loop pocket or pouch for extra storage. A number are packaged with cooler bags, a canopy and umbrella as well. More expensive models have speakers on the arms for MP3 players and other digital devices.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Improved durability, user comfort lead R&D trends in foldable camping furniture line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.