- Published on Monday, 30 September 2013 16:12
Tritan and AS are among the top plastics used. Several models come with silicone grips and retractable straws.
- BPA-free items gain traction: China makers are adopting food-grade HDPE, LDPE, PP, Tritan and AS. The last two materials are typically employed in upscale designs because of their stability and resistance against leaks and breakage. The other plastic types can withstand only up to 60 C. To prevent BPA contamination, the inner surface of the bottle is not coated. A number of these releases carry LFGB, BG, EN71, ASTM, CPSIA, CA65, RoHS or CE certification.
- Construction enhancements: Most midrange and high-end models feature double-wall structures for better temperature retention. Those with a single layer are also available, priced less than 50 percent. Products have a volume capacity of 450 to 1,000mL.
- Improved user convenience: Suppliers are incorporating an anti-slip, heat-resistant silicone grip on the body for a more secure hold. Several models come with clamshell or twistable lids and retractable straws.
- Greater visual appeal: Besides cylindrical shapes, companies are rolling out designs in novelty structures. These include coffeemug, slim waist and beer bottle types.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "BPA-free water bottles use more durable materials" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.