- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 16:32
Companies are producing compact, more appealing designs that can keep contents warm or cool for up to 20hr.
- Enhanced retention, durability: More makers are adopting stainless steel instead of a combination of the metal with PP. The 304 and 201 variants are typically employed, with the former more popular for its better rust and corrosion resistance. Companies use the vacuum method of sealing to extend temperature retention to 8 to 20hr from the previous 3hr.
- Visually appealing products: Although traditional shapes abound, China suppliers are rolling out travel mugs with curved, streamlined designs or inverted cone structures. Gradient spray painting, pattern printing, laser engraving or silver or brass plating may be employed for the surface in some upscale variants.
- Improved convenience: The latest releases have wide-open constructions to make it easier for users to clean and pour liquid. A variety of lids are also on hand, including suction, screw-on and pop-up types.
- Upgraded materials: Tritan is increasingly utilized for the whole body and not just certain parts such as the lid. This polymer is BPA-free, shock-resistant and highly transparent. Some models continue to use food-grade PP, PC and silicone for the lids and rings.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Double-wall travel mugs boost temperature retention, aesthetics" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.