- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:37
Easy-grip models come in BPA-free materials. Designs are offered in various colors and motifs.
- Ergonomic structure: China suppliers of plastic water bottles are focusing R&D efforts on easy-grip designs. Slim constructions are on trend, with many models having a band of rubber or silicone in the middle for a more secure hold.
- Safer designs: Responding to safety concerns, manufacturers are turning to BPA-free plastic such as PP, PETG and Tritan. In addition, these enterprises are acquiring certificates of compliance with FDA, CPSIA, CE and LFGB requirements.
- Aesthetic enhancements: Clear water bottles remain popular, but most companies also offer versions in red, yellow, green, blue, pink and orange. Variants with metallic shades are also growing in number. Floral, cartoon character and sports-themed prints decorate several products. Some makers are differentiating pieces by offering novelty caps.
- Plastic-metal combinations: A number of enterprises are using stainless steel bottoms, lids or covers to enhance product durability and visual appeal. Designs with such features are increasing in the upscale segment.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "R&D emphasizes ergonomics, safety in plastic water bottles" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.