- Published on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 10:26
Recent releases are bundled with resistance bands, stabilizing rings, platforms and other add-ons.
- More add-ons: China suppliers are releasing models with various accessories to increase versatility. Many designs now come with resistance bands or tubes for stretching and strength training. To aid balance, certain products are placed on a stabilizing ring, platform or chair base. A number are installed on steel stations with adjustable height for a wider range of core workouts.
- Aesthetic trends: Round exercise balls are still the mainstream, but novelty shapes are gaining ground. Targeting young users, recent releases are designed similar to eggs, peanuts and animals. Several feature themed prints to enhance visual appeal.
- Export forecasts: Revenue from overseas shipments is expected to climb 10 to 20 percent this year. Demand from the US and the EU is anticipated to remain stable, despite the difficult economic situation in those areas. Many companies are planning to explore opportunities in Australia, Southeast Asia and South America.
- Price outlook: Due to higher shipping costs, suppliers see CIF and CNF quotes increasing about 5 percent in coming months.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Exercise balls' accessories enable diverse workouts" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.