- Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:08
Mainstream units support W-CDMA, but CDMA2000 and TD-SCDMA variants are also available.
- Products for home use strong: Makers are releasing more easy-to-install and -use models for home applications. Mainstream units support W-CDMA, but CDMA2000 and TD-SCDMA variants are also available.
- Boosting resolution: R&D efforts are raising the resolution from the typical 640x480 pixels to 720p. CMOS sensors are widely used. Companies are also adopting H.264 in addition to M-JPEG or MPEG-4 compression. Many are adding PIR sensors for intrusion alarm. Some models even support smoke and gas detectors.
- Ease of operation emphasized: Supplier highlight multiplatform compatibility to allow users to access live or recorded video anywhere with just a smartphone or a notebook or tablet PC. Several makers have developed dedicated software client.
- Customized professional-use units: The bulk of releases in this sector adopt CCD sensors with 540 or 700 TVL, although some units run on 1.3 or 2MP CMOS with 720p. Companies can add 3G capability to IP systems on request. They accept specifications regarding shape, housing, IR LED illuminators and accessories.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "3G remote video monitoring system makers stress home applications, greater resolution" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.