- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 09:13
Makers are integrating multimedia player and digital photo frame to add value.
- Outdoor unit: Models for apartments usually include one outdoor unit, while those for villas have one or two outdoor stations. Basic releases adopt a CMOS camera with 380 TVL, and upscale varieties utilize 420 TVL CCD alternatives. Pricier kinds may come with a 3.5in LCD featuring night vision compensation to display data such as room number.
- Indoor unit: Makers can provide up to four indoor units for villa-use products, and as many as 256 for apartments. Indoor phones pack a 4 to 7in LCD with 320x240 to 800x480 pixels. Monitor counterparts adopt a 7in touchscreen LCD, with several new models supporting 10in TFT. Many feature A/V intercom between indoor stations.
- Security functions: Most indoor units can support up to eight alarm stations to alert against intruders, smoke, gas, IR, magnetic contact, and emergency, and for door and window.
- Add-ons: Recent releases combine A/V recording and playback, auto-answering and call transfer between indoor units. Many upscale products also integrate multimedia player and digital photo frame capability with built-in memory or external card support. Some allow visitors to leave messages.
Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources.
Note: This article " Video doorphone makers emphasize reliability, ease of use" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.