- Published on Sunday, 06 January 2013 11:42
Some releases adopt up to 5MP sensors, H.264 or M-JPEG, Wi-Fi, 3G, night vision and wide dynamic range.
- HD: Models deliver 720p, 1080p or higher resolution at 15, 25 or 30fps, H.264 or M-JPEG. They support 2 to 16Mbps data rate, dual streaming and multiplex network protocols.
- Image sensor: Mainstream units employ 2 or 3MP kinds, with low-end and upscale releases integrating 1.3 and 4 or 5MP counterparts. Cameras with CCD sensors normally deliver 1.3 or 2MP resolution and are priced higher.
- Lens: Most models adopt megapixel varieties with DC drive iris, motorized or manual zoom, and C/CS mount. These may be from local or Japan providers.
- Adding value: Makers are incorporating PAL or NTSC video format and a web server. Wi-Fi, 3G, night vision and wide dynamic range may also be added on request. Some companies design units for specific applications.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Megapixel IP cameras deliver 720p, 1080p" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.