- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 15:58
Products adopt H.264 or MPEG-4 compression.
- Improving resolution quality: Products adopt H.264 or MPEG-4. Mainstream models largely support D1 or 960H resolution, while advanced units deliver 720p or higher.
- Adding value: More releases are equipped with a Web server and multilanguage menu. One to eight 3.5in SATA HDD slots are used for storage backup. Some units may support eSATA and RAID.
- Enhanced performance: While basic models run on Hisilicon’s Hi351x, Fullhan’s FH8735 or Grain Media’s GM818x ASIC, more midrange DVRs use ASIC with HD encoding capability. High-end units mostly employ DSP with HD encoding/decoding, with some based on TI’s DM816x or DM64x that enables intelligent video analysis.
- A/V I/O: Four to 32 channels can be supported. Entry-level DVRs feature CIF resolution. HD-SDI interface is available in some advanced models. Low-end models come with one or two CVBS ports. Pricier variants have additional VGA and HDMI ports. For audio I/O, there is a BNC port.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Stand-alone DVR makers emphasize step up to HD" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.