- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:13
Enhanced functionality and longer operating life are highlighted in the latest CCTV tester models.
- Multifunction units highlighted: Manufacturers are releasing CCTV testers that also work as digital multimeters and optical power meters. Such models enable checking of signal attenuation, optical power, emergency power supply for camera, and current, voltage, resistance and continuity measurement. Makers are also improving protocol and network support amid the widening adoption of PTZ and IP surveillance devices.
- Larger screen, longer operation time: Units integrating 3.5in LCDs with 960x240-pixel resolution are replacing those with 2.4 to 2.7in displays. More devices are adopting Li-polymer batteries and power-saving circuits to reduce form factor and extend operating life. These employ 3.7V 2,000mAh types, which guarantee 8 to 12hr use.
- Sturdier configurations: Some circuits include surge and electromagnetic interference suppressors. Housings are made of high-grade ABS for increased resistance to impact, water and dust.
- Easy-carry designs: Makers emphasize ergonomic units. Some offer wearable models and versions with wrist straps and nonslip feature.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "CCTV tester R&D emphasizes multifunction units" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.