- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:11
R&D also covers cable compensation and adaptable solutions.
- Improved surge protection: Surge-resistant configurations are entering the mainstream. These boast protection from EMI, static electricity and lightning-induced transient current. Basic models can control current surges of up to 1,200V, and advanced versions 2,000 or 6,000V.
- Multiple signal transmission: Products support signals aside from video for simplified wiring and installation. Many suppliers have added 12 or 24VDC power transmission or audio handling. Upscale variants can even carry control data for PTZ and speed dome cameras.
- Cable compensation: The latest active types feature a cable compensation circuit, which can balance signal attenuation depending on the UTP cable material and transmission distance. These have multigroup preset solutions.
- Flexible solutions: Manufacturers are introducing more such versions to enable interoperability between passive and active balun kinds. These also meet the performance and cost requirements of different surveillance setups.
- Price projection: Quotes will decrease by about 5 percent in coming months.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Video balun makers improve surge, multiple signal handling" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.