- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:09
Modular designs complement diversification of light sources used. Makers continue to improve power supply and heat dissipation attributes.
- Shift to LED arrays, IR lasers: Models with IR LED arrays are on the rise because of better luminous efficiency and condenser performance, and longer life span. For long-distance surveillance, IR lasers are preferred.
- Modular formats emphasized: The latest releases come in modular configurations to allow flexibility in design parameters using the same mold. Suppliers employ IR LEDs with different radiant power and viewing angles to optimize illumination and match IR ranges. They also continue to broaden selections based on mounting to suit various setups.
- High reliability & long operating life: To ensure consistent product performance, companies utilize imported LED chips and lasers for pricier versions. They are improving power supply and thermal properties further via PWM circuits and heat sinks. Materials with high thermal conductivity and air-cooled devices will be gradually used in upscale variants.
- Price projection: Quotes will go down with LED chip costs, which are anticipated to decrease 15 to 25 percent in coming months after dropping by about 30 percent in 2011.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "IR illuminator makers adopt LED arrays, IR lasers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.