- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 11:07
Makers are raising recording resolution and data handling capability to enhance security features.
- Flexibility emphasized: The latest 4-channel ATM DVRs can be used in one kiosk as a conventional system or in four for cost efficiency. Companies configure products to enable information extraction and text overlay on the video stream to facilitate record retrieval and tighten data security. They are also enhancing thermal designs to ensure high reliability.
- More intelligent video analysis: Motion detection, and video loss and blocked alarms are typical. Makers are developing more sophisticated functions such as fake keyboard and reader, and overtime alarm. All triggers are recorded and sent to a surveillance center to prevent ATM tampering.
- Higher recording resolution & bigger memory: New variants deliver D1 video recording resolution, while CIF stays mainstream in existing models. The former have additional VGA and HDMI output ports, supporting 1024x768 or 1280x1024 pixels. For greater data capacity, units come with two to four SATA HDD slots. Some have eSATA ports for external backup devices.
- Price & export projections: Makers will maintain quotes for the rest of the year. They expect 15 to 20 percent growth in outbound volume as demand rises.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Flexible solutions, better video analytics in ATM DVRs stressed" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.