- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 11:02
Suppliers expect to release 3MP models in coming months. The latest products are adopting new IR light sources.
- HD models top R&D: China manufacturers continue to develop megapixel cameras delivering 1.3 to 2MP image capture, 720 or 1080p output and MPEG-4 or H.264 compression. Higher-resolution 3MP units are in the pipeline. In addition to IP-based solutions, suppliers are set to release HD-SDI-compliant products later this year or in 1H13.
- Enhancing night vision: Makers are adopting new IR light sources and optimized IR configuration to improve camera performance at night or in low-light conditions. Some use high-quality IR lamps from Osram. Other companies employ IR LED array and laser. To lengthen the product life span, the latest releases have constant-current circuits and better thermal designs.
- Intelligent technologies: Video behavior analysis and automatic object tracking are on suppliers’ R&D agenda. To achieve these, they are boosting software for complex environments, and utilizing new powerful hardware platforms. Some are focusing on networking capability.
- Local modules adopted: Enterprises are tapping China-made components, which cost 30 percent lower than imported variants.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Outdoor speed dome camera R&D highlights megapixels, night vision" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.