- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 11:00
Makers are adding more functions to enhance the product’s security features with car locating and alert messaging capability.
- GPS tracking: Manufacturers are adding GPS trackers to expand functionality. The latest car alarms support real-time monitoring and positioning, and come with an SOS button for emergency calls. Some enable sending of mobile phone alerts via SMS. Others offer remote lock/unlock, power cut-off and Google Maps as an option.
- PKE adoption accelerating: Makers are also strengthening R&D on a public key encryption or PKE as declining prices bolster demand, particularly in the midrange market. Current varieties carry dedicated PKE chipsets from Microchip, NXP or TI, but as an option. A few enterprises have also introduced RFID solutions. The latter, however, will not replace PKE in the next 12 to 24 months due to cost and technical issues.
- Transmitter enhancements: A rising number of units come in more compact configurations. The latest releases include an LCD with multicolor backlight and touchscreen, a built-in antenna and colorful or chrome-plated housing.
- Export & price projections: Overseas shipments are anticipated to increase 5 to 10 percent. Quotes will be generally stable.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "GPS tracking, PKE major R&D directions in car alarms" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.