- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 15:22
Units with 1 and 2MP lead output of CCTV lenses, but 3 and 5MP versions are rising in supply.
- Shift to IR: The trend for all-weather systems and the declining cost of IR LEDs are spurring the production of IR lenses. The type now accounts for at least 30 percent of China’s output of CCTV lenses. Popular models use IR coating and a large aperture for wide spectral response. Enhanced variants employ IR-cut filters.
- Step up to high resolution: Increasing demand for HD surveillance is prompting the release of more megapixel lenses, particularly among midsize and large manufacturers. Mainstream models support 1 or 2MP, but 3 and 5MP units are rising. Makers are enriching selections further by enhancing the focal length, aperture, iris and focus.
- Stronger exports: Suppliers estimate a 15 percent increase in sales this year.
- Minimal price increase: Some makers forecast an increase in prices in the months ahead. This is because rising raw material, component and labor costs pushed up makers’ overall production expenditure by 20 percent in 2011.
Fujian Forecam Optics Co. Ltd
Description: CS mount; 1/2in format; manual focus; fixed iris; 8mm focal length; F1.6;48 degree horizontal field
Fuzhou Development Zone Hongfa Optoelectronics Technology Co. Ltd
Description: CS mount; 1/3in format; manual focus; fixed iris; 8mm focal length; F1.0; fixed zoom
Fuzhou DG-Video Equipment Co. Ltd
Description: C mount; 1/2in format; 3MP; manual focus and zoom; auto-iris; 4 to 12mm focal, 9.55 to 16.5mm back focal length; F1.4
Fuzhou Feihua Optoelectronic Technology Co. Ltd
Description: IR; CS mount; 1/3in format; 2MP; 6mm focal length; F1.2; 44-degree horizontal field
Fuzhou Keekoon Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: CS mount; 1/3in format; 3MP; manual focus and zoom; DC drive iris; 3.5 to 8mm focal length; F1.4; 81.5 to 41-degree horizontal viewing angle
Fuzhou Zheng Sheng Photoelectric Instrument Co. Ltd
Description: CS mount; 1/3in format; auto-iris; 2.8 to 12mm focal length; F1.2; 100% glass lens
Note: This article "IR, high-resolution CCTV lenses growing" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.