- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 15:50
Line rides on the popularity of high-definition surveillance and cloud computing.
- HD shift: China suppliers are upgrading their stand-alone DVRs to match the HD trend in the surveillance industry. More models have HDMI and VGA ports. Upscale units support 720p or higher recording resolution, adopting advanced chips for better encoding and compatibility.
- 960H adoption: Still in line with the HD focus, makers are developing products that use Sony’s Effio 960H solution. The component package is preferred for its resolution, cost efficiency and compatibility with existing analog systems. Variants from major players support up to 700 TVL or 960x576-pixel recording and playback.
- Gearing up for cloud storage: Suppliers are intensifying R&D on cloud storage to improve security, reliability and accessibility as available technologies for DVR use are still in infancy stage. Some have launched optional software services.
- Sales forecast: China makers predict upcoming HD, hybrid and NVR models will drive growth in coming months. They target a 20 percent increase in sales.
Cantonk Corp. Ltd
Description: 8-channel input; H.264; simultaneous recording, 240fps NTSC, 200fps PAL, CIF; pentaplex; 3G
China Security & Surveillance Technology Inc.
Description: 4-channel input; H.264; D1, HD1, CIF recording; hexaplex
Hangzhou Jufeng Technology Co. Ltd
Description: 4 to 8-channel input; H.264; realtime recording, pentaplex, dual streaming; motion detection
Laview Security Ltd
Description: 16-channel input; H.264; 1280x1024 or 1920x1080 pixels; D1 realtime recording; privacy zone masking, watermarking
Longse Electronics Ltd
Description: 4-channel input; H.264; CIF or D1 recording; hexaplex; PTZ control, alarm, networking, USB backup
Shenzhen Success Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 16-channel input; H.264; manual, scheduled, alarm-triggered recording; multiplex; motion detection
Note: This article "HD, cloud computing drive stand-alone DVR R&D" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.