- Published on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:50
Compound detection, DSP and all-in-one configurations are also among the important R&D trends.
- Better circuit design, DSP adoption: Makers of PIR sensors in China are optimizing circuit design to improve voltage, AGC and adaptive threshold control to counter interference. They are also tapping DSP and intelligent technologies to enable digital temperature compensation and pulse count. Some companies are developing smart analysis function to increase the detection-false alarm ratio based on the signal period, amplitude, duration, polarity, direction and energy accumulation.
- Compound detection entering mainstream: For enhanced accuracy, multiple PIR or combination sensors are integrated in one detector. In the former, two to four sensing devices are used, while the other has an additional microwave sensor.
- All-in-one designs rising: More models include an alarm host and a horn or flashlight, and support plug-and-play. In the high end, a GSM/GPRS module is added to allow remote management.
- Export projection: Makers expect a lower growth rate in shipment volume due to the economic crisis in key destination Europe.
Alarmvip High Tech Ltd
Description: Wireless type; 315 to 433MHz; 9 to 18m detection distance; >200m transmission distance
Ningbo Everyshall International Co. Ltd
Description: Wired type; triple-pulse count adjustment; NC or NO contacts; 6m detection distance, 360-degree angle
Roiscok Electronics Ltd
Description: Wired type; two PIR sensors; MCU; 8m detection distance; dual-polarity pulse count; pet immunity
Shenzhen Brovision Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Wired type; 12.2m detection distance; white light, pet immunity; auto-temperature compensation
Shenzhen Chitongda Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: Wireless type; 315±0.5MHz; 12m detection distance, 60/110-degree vertical/horizontal angles; pet immunity
Shenzhen ZAFD Equipment Co. Ltd
Description: Wired type; 15m detection distance; white light immunity; anti-masking, -spray
Note: This article "PIR detector makers improve circuits, adopt smart systems" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.