- Published on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:31
Automatic number plate recognition and long-range RFID top makers' product development initiatives. They are also introducing intelligent parking guidance.
- Nonstop access control highlighted: Manufacturers are adopting long-range RFID solutions to achieve nonstop access control using 433MHz active and soon 2.4GHz active or 915MHz passive RFID. This enables systems to read cards or tickets at 3 to 15m.
- Car recognition integrated: Automatic number plate recognition is gaining traction. Companies are adding CCTV cameras and have launched platforms with 95 percent accuracy at 60kph and 65 percent between 60 and 80kph. For improved reliability, they combine RFID and ANPR.
- Intelligent parking guidance: The latest models can automatically allocate parking lots, and provide user group, time and access flow information. Some include parking location terminals for enhanced vehicle search.
- System bus upgrades: CAN and TCP/IP interfaces are replacing the traditional EIA-485. The first is preferred for its high reliability, long range, offline operation and optical isolation design for lightning protection. TCP/IP is also popular for its improved performance. Most suppliers plan to develop EIA-485-to-TCP/IP converters to facilitate migration at lower costs.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Nonstop access, car recognition key trends in car park management systems" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.