- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:21
The latest releases have double walls to keep temperature for extended durations and silicone gaskets for avoiding spills.
- Temperature retention: Double-wall types continue to dominate the midrange and high-end segments as these are capable of keeping contents warm or cold for extended periods. Stainless steel remains the input of choice, with the most expensive releases adopting the 304 variant because of its corrosion resistance and durability. Several new models also come with nozzles to avoid frequent removal of the lids, helping retain temperature.
- Spill resistance: Many of the latest releases have twist stoppers and screw caps rather than press lids to prevent leakage. Silicone gaskets and nozzle covers serve the same purpose. The latter is often made of ABS or stainless steel.
- User convenience: Carabiners, retractable handles and adjustable shoulder straps are added for increased portability. Some vacuum flasks feature a silicone grip for easy handling. Others have lids that double as sharing cups. Models with wide mouths for accommodating ice cubes are also available.
- Safety: Several makers are utilizing food-grade materials to promote safety. The nozzles, which come in direct contact with the mouth, for instance, usually adopt anti-bacterial PP.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "New vacuum flasks retain temperature longer, prevent leakage" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.