- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 14:07
The latest products are coin- or paper bill-operated and installed in restaurants and bars. Portable units support Bluetooth and come with Android- or iOS-based software.
- Public-use models: Makers are rolling out money-operated products that can be installed in commercial establishments. Traditional variants accept coins, although newer units have slots for paper bills. Designed for mounting on the wall or floor or set on the tabletop, these feature 7 or 12in LCDs that play video advertisements as well.
- Compact designs: Suppliers are introducing pen-shaped portable fuel cell types measuring only 139x30x21mm. For the semiconductor variety, there are mini versions without operation buttons. These come with an LCD and are installed on iPhones.
- Bluetooth units on the rise: More China-made breathalyzers support transmission of data via Bluetooth. These come installed with Android- or iOS-based software and can be operated by smartphones or tablet PCs. Results can be stored on these devices, sent via SMS or posted on social networking sites.
- Value added: A number of units double as an ignition interlock device. Installed on the dashboard, this prevents the engine from being turned on if the user exceeds the acceptable blood alcohol concentration levels.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Public-use, compact models widen breathalyzer selections" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.