- Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:34
Makers are introducing models with as many as 18 reminders. Soothing music and voice prompts are increasingly used as alarm options.
- Multiple reminders supported: More companies are developing products capable of issuing several alerts. Some units allow users to preset up to eight pill reminders at one time within a 24hr time period, up from the previous three, four and six reminders. A few variants enable as many as 18 reminders. A number of low-end versions adopt the countdown method as well.
- Personalized alarms: Soothing music and voice prompts are gaining popularity as alarm options. Several upscale pillboxes feature a sound recorder.
- Aesthetic upgrades: The latest models come in brighter colors such as blue, yellow, red and green, and feature contrasting hues for the inner and outer boxes. Each compartment may also be assigned a shade for easier identification.
- Novelty designs: For improved portability, some units come with wristbands and may be worn as a watch.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Multiple reminders, custom alarms key trends in smart pillboxes line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.