- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:08
Cotton's softness and durability make it the top material for the line. Suppliers bolster the adoption of modal and Tencel because of the fabrics' health and ecological benefits.
- Cotton leads fabric options: Makers use cotton for its softness, ability to withstand multiple washings, moisture absorbency and anti-static property. Polyester can be blended to yield a glossy appearance and improve shrink resistance. Combining cotton with silk raises breathability and warmth retention.
- Green' textiles banner high end: Modal, which is derived from reconstituted beech celloluse, is among the top choices. The fabric is highly elastic and has a texture resembling that of silk. It is softer and more durable than cotton. Some suppliers likewise employ Tencel. The textile is moisture-wicking, soft, comfortable and retains heat well.
- Conventional motifs strong: Flowers, leaves, animals and geometrical shapes remain popular as these match different home themes. These are often applied via printing, jacquard weaving, embroidery, or drawn- or patchwork. Reactive-dye printing is gaining ground as the process yields brighter hues with better colorfastness.
- Typical inclusions: Mainstream sets consist of two pillowcases, a bedsheet and a duvet cover. Comforters, shams, bedskirts and fitted sheets may also be included.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Cotton models dominate as modal, Tencel bedding sets pick up" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.