- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:50
Double-wall releases, which keep contents hot or cold for extended periods, continue to dominate the line.
- Improved product performance: Double-wall pieces continue to dominate output in the line as these are capable of keeping contents hot and cold for extended periods. The lids are also fitted with O-ring gaskets and come in a snap-on structure to prevent spilling. Electronic releases, which enable reheating, are gaining ground.
- Visually appealing designs: To yield models with attractive exteriors, makers are employing ceramic or plastic for the outer walls. Such materials are suitable for various logo application methods. Plants, flowers, cartoon characters and animals are the popular motifs. Some versions have a rubber coating, to enhance texture.
- Greater user convenience: Several products are designed with tapered bottoms for easy handling and to fit car mug holders. Companies are also launching sets that come with racks, facilitating storage.
- Price projection: Businesses expect between 2 and 5 percent markup in export quotes in the next six months. This is due primarily to the yuan’s appreciation and mounting manufacturing expenses.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Emphasis on stainless steel mugs with improved temperature retention" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.