- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:48
Makers are rolling out models for male circumcision and other outpatient procedures.
- Custom procedure packs: Wound treatment kits continue to dominate shipments from China, but several suppliers are expanding selections for specific outpatient procedures. A number of companies are scaling up production of male circumcision kits for Africa, where there are government initiatives to encourage the practice and make the process safer. The sets usually include gloves, syringes and forceps.
- Use of stainless steel rising: The latest releases contain surgical instruments in this input. The grade used is highly corrosion-resistant and hypoallergenic.
- Target markets: Suppliers see economic uncertainty limiting growth opportunities in the US and the EU. Consequently, many enterprises are seeking alternative export destinations in South America, Africa and other emerging economies.
- Price & sales projections: Lower rates of cotton and oil are expected to offset pressure from rising labor costs and the appreciation of the yuan to keep product quotes at current levels. Exports are likewise forecast to remain stable.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Custom surgical kits widen selection" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.