- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:46
New models provide a secure grip, do not contaminate food and are suitable for nonstick-coated cookware.
- Greater user convenience: Most models have handles padded with silicone, TPR or regular rubber for a more secure grip and increased insulation. A number of releases feature pressure-sensitive springs for better control. Scallop heads prevent products from piercing food, while slotted variants help drain water. Designs incorporating locking mechanisms to facilitate storage are also available.
- Food safety: Suppliers are adopting food-grade materials such as silicone to avoid contamination. Many of the latest kitchen tongs also have stainless steel bodies, which do not impart a metallic taste. Bamboo models are likewise gaining traction.
- Cookware-friendly models: Silicone and nylon are often utilized for the tips, making products suitable for nonstick-coated pots and pans. Further, these inputs withstand very high temperature.
- Price & sales forecasts: Swelling material and labor costs are expected to push up quotes by 2 to 5 percent in the next half-year. Despite this, makers are optimistic of 5 to 10 percent revenue growth in the months ahead.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Easy-to-use, food-grade kitchen tongs lead" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.