- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 10:35
Companies are incorporating HEPA filters, UV sterilizers and dirt sensors for optimal performance.
- Health-friendly releases: Many new models are equipped with HEPA filters that purify the air before it is released, preventing possible health hazards. Such components can catch 99.97 percent of particles that have a diameter of 0.3μ. UV sterilizers, which eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses, germs and dust mites, are common attachments as well.
- Intelligent designs: The latest robotic units are programmed to go back to the docking stations automatically to recharge batteries. These can also operate at preset schedules, enabling devices to run at any time of the day. Several versions are capable of detecting the amount of dirt, allowing them to adjust the cleaning intensity.
- User convenience: Transparent dust bins and capacity indicators help users know when the appliances need emptying. Extra bags or canisters and brushes intended for different floor types are standard inclusions as well.
- Price projection: The average per-unit value of China-made vacuum cleaners is expected to increase by 5 to 10 percent in the next six months due to swelling material and labor costs.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Smart features key R&D initiatives in vacuum cleaners line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.