- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 10:34
New IR models are fitted with more efficient sensors. The latest liquid-in-glass variants employ gallium-indium-tin alloys.
- Enhanced accuracy of IR models: Many manufacturers of IR thermometers in China are adopting more efficient sensors to eliminate the waveguides in their designs and make these more accurate. Using components from Taiwan, resultant products are designed mostly for ear and forehead application.
- Mercury-free glass types: Responding to market concerns about mercury, makers or liquid-in-glass thermometers are releasing more models that use gallium-indium-tin alloys. Such designs are considered safer and more environment-friendly than those employing mercury because the measuring substance is nontoxic. Models go for more than $1 each.
- Sales outlook: Exports in the next six to 12 months are expected to remain relatively flat because of the US’ slow economic recovery and the financial crisis in the EU.
- Price forecasts: Quotes for digital units are expected to stay at current levels or go down slightly in the months ahead due to increased competition. Higher raw material costs, on the other hand, will push prices of glass designs with a gallium-indium-tin alloy upward.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Selection of mercury-free clinical thermometers continues to expand" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.