- Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 10:21
Traditional and advanced wound care products can be found in recent releases.
- Assorted wound care products: New first-aid kits from China are packed with supplies for different emergencies. Apart from the basics, several companies are incorporating advanced wound management technologies. Items such as hemostatic powder, anti-bacterial dressings or silver-based adhesive bandages can raise prices by as much as 50 percent.
- More survival kits: In response to the increasing number of natural disasters occuring worldwide, many makers are expanding selections for survival situations. Models for home use contain necessities for at least three people, while versions for schools and offices include supplies for 10 or more users. Blankets and safety ropes are some of the items packed in such kits.
- Target markets: Manufacturers see exports growing no more than 5 percent this year amid the economic crunch in the US and the EU, two key overseas destinations. To boost sales, a number are exploring the Middle East and other areas. Several are also looking to expand domestic market reach.
- Price forecast: Due to higher raw material costs, several companies are expecting quotes to climb 5 to 10 percent in the next few months.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "First-aid kits packed for various emergencies" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.