- Published on Thursday, 26 January 2012 09:44
Makers are equipping the latest units with inverter mechanisms to improve energy efficiency and enable operation for extended periods.
- Inverter models gain traction: The incorporation of inverter mechanisms, which utilize special-frequency compressors, significantly improves energy efficiency as these require one-eighth the power of traditional components to start up. Further, inverter units feature conversion control systems that enable temperature regulation at constant speed and nonstop operation, reducing power consumption by 20 to 50 percent.
- Quiet operation: Several releases have double-rotor compressors that generate less noise and reduce vibration by 50 percent. Many new models also come in a wind channel design, allowing a 9,000Btu unit to operate at only 19dB.
- Environment- and health-friendly units: Makers are employing coolants that do not contain ozone-damaging chemicals. Some enterprises are launching units with formaldehyde-elimination technology. Several versions have self-cleaning features, negative-ion generation capability and vitamin C filters.
- Aesthetics: Polished or mirror-finished tempered glass is gradually replacing the typical plain metal housing. Suppliers are also releasing products with colorful casings. Others feature floral patterns.
China CJ Holding Co. Ltd
Description: Split type; brushless magnetic motor; solar-powered; low-noise operation; stepless speed setting
Foshan TCL Household Appliances Nanhai Co. Ltd
Model: T1 R22 60Hz On-Off Dual Split
Description: Split type; copper condenser; 18,000, 20,000, 24,000Btu/hr; low-noise operation; heating, cooling functions; timer, ionizer
Homestar Electric Industry Co. Ltd
Description: Window type; rotary compressor; 6,000Btu/hr; 300m³/hr; R-22 refrigerant; 52 to 55dB
Ningbo Minfeng Electrical Appliances Co. Ltd
Description: Portable type; 12,000Btu/hr; R-410a refrigerant; two speed settings; self-diagnose capability, full-water alarm, 24hr timer
Shenzhen Chengfeng Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Split type; 24,000Btu/hr; 2.7 EER; low-noise operation; 220VAC, 5,100W; LCD, remote control; CE, CSA, EMC, SASO, UL
Songtian Orient Corp. (China) Co. Ltd
Description: Split type; Hitachi, Toshiba, Sanyo or Panasonic compressor; 9,000Btu/hr; 3.3 EER; 450m³/hr
Note: This article "Inverter technology enhances air conditioners' performance" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.