- Published on Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:12
Suppliers are using better materials, structures and technologies to make models more efficient, versatile and user-friendly.
- Enhanced auscultation: China companies are adopting stainless steel chestpieces in more releases to achieve better acoustic quality. New models also employ structures that can filter ambient noise and enhance sound transmission.
- Ergonomics: To make designs more user-friendly, suppliers are utilizing silicone ear tips in the latest releases. Compared with conventional PVC types, the former is softer and more comfortable. Silicone ear tips also offer better sealing and heat stability, improving the instrument’s efficiency and extend its life span.
- Electronic versions: A few manufacturers are offering electronic stethoscopes, which generally deliver higher output volume and more functions than conventional designs. Certain releases combine an ECG monitor and a pulse oximeter. Some allow ECG data recording that is transferrable to a computer.
- Price projection: Many suppliers intend to keep quotes stable in the months ahead despite rising outlay by streamlining production.
Anionte Electric (Zhejiang) Co. Ltd
Description: Sprague-Rappaport stethoscope; zinc alloy chestpiece; colored tubing
Contec Medical Systems Co. Ltd
Description: Visual stethoscope; heart, lung, heart and lung 20 to 800Hz auscultation modes; ECG monitor
Full Aid Co. Ltd
Description: Cardiology stethoscope; stainless steel chestpiece and binaurals; dual-lumen tubing; CE
Ruian Sunnyworld International Trade Co. Ltd
Description: Sprague-Rappaport stethoscope; two pairs of rigid ear tips
Sifang Medical Corp.
Description: Sprague-Rappaport stethoscope; zinc alloy chestpiece; chrome-plated
Walcom International Industry Ltd
Description: Single- or dual-head stethoscope; metal alloy chestpiece; 6mm copper binaurals; FDA
Note: This article "R&D spotlight on better acoustics in stethoscopes" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.