- Published on Thursday, 26 January 2012 11:18
Manufacturers are combining metals to prolong life span and brazing pan bases with copper for enhanced thermal conductivity.
- Durability: For increased strength, suppliers are combining aluminum with carbon steel. The former, being prone to scratches and dents, is also anodized to make it tougher. More companies are likewise offering frying pans with multilayer bases, which consist of two to five sheets of metal. These products have a longer life span.
- Heat distribution: Because typical body materials such as anodized aluminum and cast iron are not good thermal conductors, several makers are releasing models with regular aluminum or copper bases. These parts facilitate faster and even heat distribution.
- Safety: Although Teflon remains a popular option, many manufacturers are turning to PTFE- and PFOA-free coating materials. These nonstick treatments do not pose health hazards, and withstand abrasion and extremely high temperature.
- User convenience: Some pieces come with ergonomically designed handles that prevent slipping and cooking injuries. Others have detachable grips, enabling them to fit inside ovens. These models often double as baking pans.
Chaoan Chances Stainless Steel Products Fty
Description: 201 stainless steel; 0.5mm body, 3mm base thickness; mirror finish
Nice Cooker Co. Ltd
Model: New Detachable Fry Pan
Description: Die-cast aluminum; induction base; 20, 24, 28, 30cm; ceramic-coated interior; PFOA-free
Yongkang Liboer Electric Appliance Co. Ltd
Description: Aluminum; 2, 2.5, 3mm body thickness; nonstick-coated interior
Zhejiang Orient Union Way Imp. & Exp. Co. Ltd
Description: 26, 30, 32cm; ceramic-coated interior; tempered-glass lids
Zhejiang Songmao Metalware Co. Ltd
Description: Forged aluminum; 3mm body thickness; 20, 24, 26, 28cm; in various colors
Zhejiang Wantong Industry & Trade Co. Ltd
Description: Aluminum alloy; induction base; nonstick-coated interior; FDA, CE
Note: This article "Frying pan suppliers put strong emphasis on strength, heat distribution" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.