- Published on Thursday, 26 January 2012 14:30
China stitching methods dominate embroidered home accents line even as modern and western styles draw increased attention.
- Traditional China stitching techniques: Utilizing extremely thin silk thread that allows for detailed needlework and intricate designs, Su embroidery is the most widely used technique for the line. The Xiang style, characterized by thick stitching and uneven needlework, is also popular. Makers employ the Yue and Shu methods as well.
- Modern & Western elements gain ground: Local themes continue to dominate design options, but releases in Western motifs such as Canada’s maple leaf are increasingly produced. Landscapes and portraits that resemble oil paintings are also available.
- Price projection: Despite escalating manpower spending, most companies do not intend to impose markups in the months ahead. This is because of the relatively high profit margins they generate from embroidered home accents.
- Revenue forecast: Although export sales are on a decline due to sluggish business conditions in the US and Europe, suppliers predict overall revenue will remain stable in 2012. Strong domestic sales are anticipated to sustain the line’s viability.
Changsha City Fancy Embroidery Co. Ltd
Description: Handembroidered; silk base, thread; 40x30cm
Suzhou Industry Park Loufeng Town Ruilai Textile Commercial Center
Description: Handembroidered; silk base; 25x36cm; without frame
Suzhou Jiaogu Suxiu Art Ltd
Model: Rosewood Palace Fan
Description: Handembroidered; silk base, thread; rosewood frame; desktop
Taizhou Shize Art Co. Ltd
Description: Handembroidered; Su stitching; 57x39cm
Yiwu Qibaa E-Commerce Firm
Description: Handembroidered; cotton base; silk, polyester thread; 152x31cm; 40cm-long scrolls
Zhangjiagang Goldenway Embroidery Productions Co. Ltd
Description: Machine-embroidered; cotton base; rayon thread; 50x50cm
Note: This article "Embroidered arts showcase local needlework techniques" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.